Saturday, August 10, 2013

These days I have been experimenting a more dynamic lifestyle as I mentioned before, to the extent that I have almost forgotten it is just a week before I leave!

It was my last day at work few days ago (feels like weeks). It was the time when I got more attention from friends and colleagues than on my birthdays. I just saw it as a normal day but the people made it special.

Since then I am free to do whatever I want to do. It is such an amazing feeling that I have lost for a long long time. Days are never boring. I meet friends, play snookers, movies, cook, make delicious Chinese dumpling with grandma, water my plant, play ukulele, hiking, watch fireflies, enjoy the time with my funny family (and forget about packing). And it is the first time I would say I am living at present. Not worrying about the trip, jobs, houses, the future. I have a feeling that things would go on the right track no matter what and I am not wasting my time to worry about it.

As a result I have not booked or planned anything except the train tickets and nothing is fixed after Russia. (p.s. I am was one of those excel addict who would prepare a detailed spreadsheet for my previous trips)

So a little update of my plan:
19th August - a 24-hour sleeper train from Hong Kong to Beijing
27th August - a 30-hour sleeper train from Beijing to Ulaanbaatar
-----adventures in Gobi desert (no plan)-----
10th September - 5-day Trans-Siberian train from Ulaanbaatar to Moscow

Sounds like a good plan.


1 comment: