Tuesday, March 4, 2014

In Central Citibank Tower Pacific Coffee. Dressing formally drinking a cup of coffee nearby my old work place like in the old days. I was there after an interview for the US visa. The first time in almost a year to wear heels again.

I am excited my visa got approved. My plan is feasible. I am going to the U.S. and South America!!

I have researched on all those questions and cases where the visa was declined for single young women. The more I researched the more stress I had and I pictured all those scenarios that I was being challenged and declined. I even brought my Invisalign braces to prove that I was going back to my country to see my dentist for sure! Haha! I thought of as many points as I could to defend myself that I was not going to stay in America. I was lucky anyway my visa got approved in just 5 mins. Thanks god thanks visa officer thanks everything.

I have got two projects on hand with a crowdsourcing company. One for Cantonese transcription and one for website rating. Hopefully I could pass the qualification test and start working on them. Then I would have good income while at the same time freedom of location! Though it may not be a stable job/career but in the meantime it really fits my needs. I could be anywhere not necessarily traveling volunteering or studying!

Being at home is more pressured than traveling. I feel my choices are more limited as when people around me are all talking about the importance of money and marriage. These thoughts grow stronger when at times I am not sure of what's next. Perhaps it's better I stay somewhere else to clear my thoughts since now I'm locationally independent in terms of work:)


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I wish you all the best for your trip : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey how are you doing? Thanks for following my blog..I should have written more.

    ReplyDelete