Wednesday, June 19, 2013

I did not get much information regarding travel vaccinations in Hong Kong. People just did not get one even going to places like India. Not to mention less developed countries are not favoured by Hong Kong people as a holiday choice. I did not get one too last time to Cambodia (though was very worried after drinking some sort of smelly ice as ice from tape water is not drinkable) but it turned out fine.

Travel health centre of the government is fully booked til August so I have no choice but to turn to hospitals. But seems the doctor did not know what vaccine to suggest. After a while of awkward conversations, I had a Hepatitis A and Typhoid combined shot. This painless moment costs me a jaw dropping HKD1400. The good news is I can still claim for medical during my last months of employment...

I also get my hair cut short to shoulder length, so that it can be easier in the days without washing, and grow for the next 8 months without a cut.


3 comments:

  1. you can prepare some 紅景天 if you are really going to some high altitude areas (e.g. Nepal) and take it 1-2 weeks in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I'm also thinking the same. I thought this is only for Tibet..Nepal too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. see if you will go trekking or not, if you only stay in thte cities that would be fine

      Delete