Saturday, October 5, 2013

It was a long story. 

I met 2 Koreans and 1 Japanese friends in Moscow. We became good friends instantly and had a very good time and in touch even after we split from Moscow.
The Korean boy and girl were good friends but not a couple. They headed to Eastern Europe and I joined the Japanese girl again in Iceland.
The Korean boy was very outgoing and funny and the girl was not very adventurous and spoke no English. It seems that every decision was made by the boy (which Korean men were very pleased to) and the girl just followed. They knew each other very well but no romantic relationship in between.
Days after we heard from them they separated and the girl was traveling alone by herself. We were surprised because the girl knew no English and it was the first time she was abroad. She was always very nice to him but don't know why she suddenly left him. We thought at some point even good friends may not want to be together all the time...
I had been traveling with other girls (girly and not girly) but it did not work out very well. Maybe its just me who are not compatible enough. I prefer meeting people and explore off the beaten track but they may fancy seeing some famous sights and less keen to meet new people. But one thing for sure we felt better when we can go independently whenever we wanted. 
The time with the Japanese girl was great. We cooked together and came up with new ideas each other day. We met new people and had an incredible road trip around Iceland with 2 Eastern European guys. She was fearless (and careless), flexible and willing to try new things. We planned our next trips together and I thought we would travel together for the rest of our journeys.
But no one is perfectly compatible. I'm afraid traveling with someone is more dangerous than being in a relationship...at least for me. The other day she found 2 Japanese guys and we went on a another road trip together. They had no plans, indecisive and dependent. They talked only in Japanese and I could just follow. I was more pleased to be just silent and watch the window and think and go wherever they took me. But too many stupid things happened and I decided better not to go with them the next day. I was never a fan of Japan and I am sorry this made me even more negative...
So I am traveling solo again. But somehow this helped me decide to visit my friends in Germany instead.


0 comments:

Post a Comment