Thursday, September 19, 2013

One of the most important thing I learnt from traveling is how to live simple and flexible. In a small backpack you could only bring what is necessary and can't live without. It was a compact 50L backpack to most people but still quite heavy for my size.
On the Gobi trip it was interesting to see what others brought with them. Although 3 meals are included, they still had the family sized coffee, milk powder, salt and pepper, chili sauce, whiskey and honey with them. It was nice to have though. But for me it does not bother me much to eat just what was offered. I am not a snack person so it took me weeks to finish a pack of Oreos cause I always forgot to eat them.
I'm still struggling to leave anything unused behind. When I pack I always want to have my favorite brand of shampoo, conditioner, cleanser, moisturizer and sunscreen with me (I have a sensitive skin and my hair gets oily with other brands) I've packed supplies that last for months but now I'm looking forward to replace them soon. I can buy them even in Mongolia. Or maybe I can adapt to what the locals use, or not use at all!


0 comments:

Post a Comment